When the traditional SAE Awards went into their 15th round, nobody had any idea of the special challenges of this year. After a live show with all winners 2020 was not possible, the award ceremony took place purely online for the first time.
The fact that the YouTube premiere took place exactly on June 18 at 9:00 p.m. had quite a symbolic character: On this evening, at this time, the winners were to be honored first ceremoniously then exuberantly at the big SAE Convention Gala in Cologne’s E-Werk. The fact that no big live event was possible did not harm the actual contest, the quality of the entries and the creativity itself.
The premiere of the new Jury modus also created a lot of excitement in the run-up to the competition: all entries first went through a preliminary selection process at their home schools, which then officially nominated their favourites for the final round. A total of 150 productions took part in the democratic vote among the 19 participating locations. The scoring was very exciting, the results were several times close, but in the end always clear and give a representative assessment of the SAE campuses.
After a long break, one project was even able to win the special prize of an expert jury. This award is given to productions that are outstanding in their kind, but do not fall into any of the advertised categories.
We are proud and happy to present you our fantastic winners 2020!
Congratulations to …
SAE Alumni Awards:
- Audio, non-music: The Curse Of The Immortal, Marko Zivanovic, Belgrade
- Film & TV: La guerre des autres, Rami Nabil Ghorra, Paris
- Game: THE VOID, Jakob Keudel, Berlin
- Music: In this together, Roman Lüth, Munich
- Online: SAE Convention App, Tom & Kim Henneken, Frankfurt
- Start Up: Project Paranoid, Davina Cochrane, Hamburg
- VFX: Dean, Guillaume Denis, Adrien Pollet, Lydia Scott, Vincent Tinguely, Geneva
- Special Prize: Home/Street/Home, SAE Vienna
SAE Students Awards:
- Audio: Music Sound Design with Daily Life Object, Geddi Jaddi Membummi, Jakarta
- Cross Media: Herzenssache, Laura Trapp, Köln
- Film & TV: Pitter-Patter goes the Rain, Tim Cedric Linke, Bochum
- Game Art: Isla Nublar, Ross Mcintosh, Glasgow
- Games Programming: Endless Greed, Elisabeth Sagaischek, Vienna
- Music Business: Warner Chappell Songwriting Camp, Arnau Pons Marin, Barcelona
- VXF: Delnor, Berk Demirci, Vienna
- Web: EyeMove, Stephen Coutant, Geneva
Thanks for sharing.
Everything I witnessed and learned shows to me how imaginative and complex we human beings are. Thanks for sharing!
Worthy winners in each category, in 2021 there will be an even more interesting fight for the main prize.
These SAE Alumni Awards is so worth. I really admire these winner. That is a big thumb.